You can modify optional keyword details such as Tags, Preferred Landing Page, or Translation of tracking keywords at any time.
To begin, visit Keyword Settings under Campaign Settings in the left navigation
There are three ways to update keyword details:
- Individually in the table: Great for small, quick changes
- Bulk update in the table: Perfect for larger updates to Tags
- Bulk update by file: Best for big changes to multiple fields
Individually in the table
The simplest way to update details of existing keywords is to click on the field directly in the table.
This will display a popover allowing you to modify the value of this field.
Make your changes and click the check button to save.
The changes will be updated immediately
Bulk update in the table
If you need to make changes to many keywords at once, a bulk update will speed up the process considerably. For example, if you would like to add a tag to a set of 200 keywords, this would be time-consuming to do one-by-one.
To make changes in bulk, select all the keywords you would like to update by checking the box next to each keyword.
Click the Edit button at the top of the table.
Since each keyword could have many Tags, it's possible the selected keywords have different values. The initial state of the checkboxes next to each tag provide clues of the current values of the selected keywords:
- Checked: all selected keywords currently have this value
- Partially selected: Some but not all of the keywords current have this value
- Unchecked: None of the selected keywords currently have this value
Make your changes by checking or unchecking the boxes, then click Apply.
- Check the box to add the tag to all selected keywords
- Uncheck the box to remove the tag from all selected keywords
- Leave it as partially selected to keep this tag unchanged for all selected keywords
If you would like to add a new tag that has not been created yet, type it into the box at the bottom and press Enter
Now it can be added just like any other existing tag in the campaign.
Bulk updates with filter
Often times it will be advantageous to use the keyword filter along with the bulk updates. For example, let's see how we would tag all keywords that contain our brand name with the brand tag.
To begin, filter by our brand name:
Then select all of the search results:
Finally, check the brand tag and click Apply.
The keyword has now been applied to all keywords that matched our filter criteria.
Update by file
To update by file, click the Bulk update button in the top right of the table.
This will bring up a modal where you can download the current keyword list as an Excel file.
Open the file, make your desired updates, and save it again.
Click Upload updated keywords and select the newly-saved file.
A list of the proposed changes will be shown. Click Confirm update to make the update or Discard changes to leave the keywords as they were before the upload.