Many features in the platform are limited in usage by a credit system. There are several types of credits, each related to a different report or tool. Your Dragon Metrics account comes with a certain number of each type of credit, determined by your subscription plan. You can check your account usage in the Account Details page.
Keyword Credits determine the number of keywords that can be tracked across all campaigns in an account. These credits represent the the number of SERPs (search engine results pages) Dragon Metrics must collect each time your ranking data is updated.
Tracking a single keyword on one search engine, language, country, device, and location counts as one credit. This means with 1,000 keyword credits you can track:
- 1,000 keywords on Google United States in English on Desktop (national)
- 500 keywords on Google United States in English on Desktop (national) and
- 500 keywords on Google United States in English on Mobile (national)
- 166 keywords on Google United States in English on Desktop (national) and
- 166 keywords on Bing United States in English on Desktop (national) and
- 166 keywords on Google United Kingdom in English on Desktop (national) and
- 166 keywords on Google United States in Spanish on Desktop (national) and
- 166 keywords on Google United States in English on Mobile (national) and
- 167 keywords on Google United States in English on Desktop (Chicago)
Research Credits determine the amount of data you can get from Ranking Research, Keyword Research and Link reports.
Research credits are refreshed on the first day of the month. Unused credits at the end of the month do not roll over to the following month.
Most of these reports consume credits per row returned. A "row" typically refers to one row in a data table on the page. Some reports have multiple tables on them, and the number of credits used will be the sum of all rows in all tables on the report.
- Ranking Research: 1 credit / row
- Keyword Research (related keywords): 150 credits / query (returns up to 1,000 results)
- Keyword Research (search volume lookups): 1 credit / row (minimum 150 credits)
- All link tools: 5 credits / row
For example, viewing or exporting the top 300 keywords in Ranking Research would consume 300 research credits.
Each page Dragon Metrics crawled for your campaign tracking URL will consume 1 crawl credit (URLs blocked by the robots.txt file do not count towards this limit). You can assign a crawl limit to each campaign to define the maximum number of URLs to crawl for this site.
Competitor credits limit the number of unique competitors that can be added to an account. This affects features found in Site Rankings, Keyword Rankings, Site Ranking Comparison, Keyword Ranking Comparison.
Each competitor tracked in a campaign will consume 1 competitor credit.
Each week, the Competitor Discovery and Competitor Discovery Trend feature will automatically discover the top 50 competitors for each keyword group and search engine. These competitors do not affect competitor credits until they are added to a keyword group.
This is the total number of links that may be added to the Tracked Links report for all campaigns in the account.
Tracked Links Added this Month
This is the total number of links manually added to the Tracked Links report each month. This number resets on the first day of each month. Please note this only applies to links added manually. Links added via other reports such as Linking Pages do not count towards this quota.